Now that I have a little one that is thriving off my daily food intake I have become more vigilant about what I put in my body. I try to get all the vitamins I can through my food and the easiest way to do this for me has been by drinking then in my morning smoothies.
Every morning, I have been waking up and making myself a green smoothie to drink while I am getting Addison nursed, changed, and set up on his mat for play time.
It is so delicious and I wouldn’t even know it was good for me if I wasn’t the one making it. I usually alter the fruits I use to change it up and sometimes I will use 1 cup spinach and 1 cup mixed baby kale. If you aren’t a fan of that greeny taste I would stick to just spinach because no matter how much you put in your smoothie you can barely taste it.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup frozen fruit of your liking (I like mango, strawberry, banana)
- 1 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1tsp flax seed
- Layer greens, fruit, yogurt and seeds into your blender.
- Add coconut or almond milk.